Featured

www.metalgallows.com

Friday, February 8, 2013

Bullet For My Valentine - Temper Temper - Album Review

Year: 2013


Bullet For My Valentine is a Welsh Melodic Metalcore band formed in 1998. They have been garnering a lot of attention in the past few years with albums like 'The Poison', 'Scream Aim Fire'  and 'Fever'.

When it comes to this band, you either love them or hate them. Rewind 5 to 6 years, and I would have proudly called myself a fan of this band. I really got into this band around the time when 'Scream Aim Fire' was released. But years passed, my taste developed and I pretty much ended up losing all interest in this band.

When the new album, 'Temper Temper' was announced, I was eager to give it a spin, to see if the band are able to recapture my lost interest. Then came the lead singles, 'Temper Temper' and 'Riot'. All that these tracks managed to do, was show me how a band can turn shitty over time.

Coming to the album, 'Temper Temper' is to be released on 12th February 2013 through RCA Records. It consists of 11 tracks. The record starts off with the song 'Breaking Point', which later turned out to be the only listenable track on this album. Unfortunately, the rest of the album goes downhill from this point.

The biggest drawback of this record, is the songwriting. The song structures are way too predictable and the songs themselves feel very watered down. One cannot expect a band like Bullet For My Valentine to be creative wordsmiths. But the lyrics here are too kiddish, even for them! The lyrics talk about teenage angst, crashing parties, relationships and regret, written at a level that can be enjoyed only by pre-teens.

The only positive thing I can say about this album is the lead guitar work. Few of the solos are actually good, but they stick out like sore thumbs in very mediocre and uninspired songs.

Overall, this is a very disappointing album, to say the least. Bullet For My Valentine have given me reasons to avoid them in the future. I would suggest that you skip listening to this record and move on to better things.


Rating: 20%




No comments:

Post a Comment